Feb 28, 2010

Za bro


Sorry I didn't put up a post yesterday, I had a hectic afternoon and forgot about posting! Anyway today I want to show you how to make:
Piiiiiiiza. Everybody likes pizza. It is delicious. I wanted to try out pioneer woman's pizza dough recipe and in the end, I think it worked really well! I didn't make it gluten free, but the boys thought that it was really good. They ate both of the pizzas for dinner that night. It's a really thick crust, and dan described it closer to bread than pizza. The thing I liked the best about this recipe is that you can make it days in advance. In fact, according to pioneer woman, it's even better days in advance. So here's how you do it!

1 tsp yeast
4 cups flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1/3 cups olive oil

combine the yeast with 1 1/2 cup warm water and set aside. With a mixer, or a spoon if you don't have one like me, combine the salt and flour. With the mixer still going, or you still stirring, drizzle in the olive oil. Then pour in the water and yeast mixture.
Coat a big bowl with olive oil and put the ball of dough in it. Cover it with saran wrap tightly and put it in the fridge until you want to use it.

We had sausage and pepper pizza. I cooked the sausage before hand, but I didn't cook the peppers.
Anyway, doesn't this pizza look tasty?!

XOXO
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment