Feb 11, 2010

banana bites! (banana theme much?)


I didn't have time to make any food yesterday because I spent all afternoon studying, then I had a midterm, and then I had to go to a three hour movie screening for history. (Which was surprisingly good. Anyone here seen The Leopard? If you're interested in history, you should definitely check it out.) But I have one last thing from the superbowl party! So here is how to make chocolate banana bites! These were really tasty and they were gone in a flash!


3-4 bananas
1 thing of meltable chocolate (They come in little cups and they say dipping chocolate. You can usually find them in the fruit section)
Sprinkles optional

Peel and cut up the bananas into 1/2 inch pieces. Lay them out on a wax paper lined baking sheet and put them in the freezer for at least an hour.
When the bananas are very frozen, melt the chocolate according to the directions on the box. (If you're feeling really crazy you can use real chocolate melted over a double broiler. But I think that's too much effort for such a simple recipe)
Dip the bananas in the chocolate one by one. There are different ways of doing this. If you have a bbq stick or long toothpicks, you can use those. I didn't so I just used two forks and made a kind of fork-hammock. I also only dipped like half of them. Some of them I just flicked chocolate all over so they looked pretty. Unfortunately, the chocolate didn't stay on very well after I was done. Oh well! Still tasted good!
Put them back on the wax paper after dipping them. When all of them are done, put them back in the freezer for 10 minutes.
DONE! See? Super easy. Ridiculously easy.
XOXO
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment