Feb 20, 2010

Pollo-rific


Do you know why I love costco? THIS is why I love costco!

That is an enourmous jar of pollo. Do you see how big that is in comparison to the pitcher? It's like 35 oz! zomg. so much pollo.
Anyway, speaking of pollo, last night I made chicken santa-fe. It's a really tasty slow cooker meal. Slow cookers are amazing beautiful things. I throw everything in and then a few hours later, delicious food! I definitly recomend this for a busy day. Here's how to make it!

1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans sweet corn, rinsed and drained
6 chicken thighs (I used boneless, skinless. If you are using breasts, shorten the cooking time or they will dry out)
1 cup salsa
4-8 oz cream cheese, cut up into cubes
shredded cheese

Rinse and drain the beans and corn and throw those in the slow cooker. Then add half of the salsa and the chicken. On top of the chicken, put the rest of the salsa.
I used more than a cup because, hey, I'm crazy like that.
Turn it on high and let it cook for three hours. (If you're using chicken breasts, check on it at about two hours and see if it's done)
....
three hours goes by
...
nap time
...
homework time
...
DING chicken's done!
When the three hours is up, take the chicken out of the slow cooker and shred it up into bite sized pieces.
Put the chicken back in the slow cooker and add about 4 oz of cream cheese. If the sauce looks creamy enough to you, stop there. If not, keep adding it until it has the consistency you want.

Serve over rice and add plenty of grated cheddar cheese on top!

YUMMM chicken. Tastes like salsa. What could be better?
XOXO
Natalie

2 comments:

  1. You need to make this for us!
    xoxoxo
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will! also lol, cause i knew you would vote for eggs benedict. maybe if it wins, I'll save it for spring break!

    ReplyDelete