Feb 16, 2010

Passsssssta


So yesterday I interviewed for an RA job! I applied to be an RA at two of the off campus housing places called the inn and the university town center. This is how I'm gonna get my money back from the school. The compensation is free housing and food. Awesome! (also the inn has a pool) Hopefully I get the job! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Also! There's a new poll--go vote everybody! go! now!
And now: more food! And as I hinted yesterday, this one has butter! Yay for butter! Also it has heavy cream. So if you are on a diet...I guess don't eat it? Close your eyes and imagine how delicious it tastes?
Anyway, we're making fettucini alfredo! Well ok, so the pioneer woman calls this fettucini alfredo, but when I tasted it, I thought that it was closer to mac and cheese. But honestly, I'd eat either of those any day. Also this is so super easy. Like ridiculously easy. Shouldn't even be on a food blog easy. So onward! fettucini/mac and cheese we go!

1 lb of pasta
1 stick of butter
1 cup of heavy cream (not milk!)
salt and pepper to taste
freshly grated parmesan cheese

Get your water boiling and make your pasta according to
package directions. While the pasta is cooking, grate some parmesan. Please don't use the green bottle kraft stuff. That's just not right. After that's all grated, put the butter in a saucepan and let it melt. Then add in the heavy cream and pepper and whisk it around. Action shot!

And now...you wait until the pasta is done.
Pasta's done! Before you drain it, grab about a half cup of the pasta water. You'll use it later if the sauce is to gooey. Now you can drain your pasta, but don't rinse it because you want it boiling lava hot. Stir in a bit of butter just so the noodles don't stick together.

Now the best part! Putting it together! In a bowl spoon in some sauce--the amount is a personal preference thing, and you can always add more later. Then sprinkle on some parmesan cheese.


Now add the pasta!


Then stir it all up! Done! I would definitely recommend adding cheese on top too. Very tasty.
Hope you guys like it!
XOXO
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment