Mar 27, 2010

cupcakes+fun=funfetti


Sorry this post is a day late! It's been a hectic couple of days! As my spring break comes to a close I can safely say that it has been awesome. Got to hang out with my friends and my family and had stuff to do everyday. For the last few days I mostly hung out with dan. On thursday I ran errands and then made my family fettucini alfredo for dinner. Then on Friday me and dan went to the tech museum in San Jose. It was really fun (and nerdy). We left home early so that we could spend the whole day there, but then we only ended up staying until 2! It seems that we already knew the science stuff and we mostly ended up pushing buttons and playing with all the games. Which was awesome. We designed roller coasters and then rode on a simulator to see what it would look like (my roller coaster was better, for the record) and we played with computer chips and learned all about genetics. We even got to turn bacteria green with jellyfish genes! super fun. he other reason we went there was because there was a temporary star trek exhibit. Now, I'm not a trekie, but Dan kind of is. So I thought it might be fun to check it out. Let me tell you something, I didn't realize how intense Star trek can be. There's like a hundred different alien races, and they all have these crazy backgrounds, and there's so many bad guys! It's insane. Still, I don't think I'm going to be watching Star Trek or anything. But it was an interesting exhibit, I'll give it that.
But anyway! Today I don't really have a recipe. I just have a picture of something I made. But first: background information. My brother is going through the super fun process of applying to colleges and is starting to get letters back from them. A couple days ago he got accepted into Harvey Mudd, which is his top choice school! Yay for Stephen! So I was really happy and decided to make him cupcakes. And what could be more fun than funfetti?! So I made him funfetti cupcakes and decorated them in Harvey Mudd's colors. The writing on them is pretty terrible, but hey, I'm ok with it.

Stephen really wanted one right then.


No comments:

Post a Comment