Jul 9, 2010

garlic parmesan potatoes


The other day I had two things: a bag of potatoes and an idea. TA DAH! I was put in charge of the potatoes for dinner the other night and, remembering a recipe I saw earlier, I made some really tasty parmesan and garlic potatoes. This is a really nice side dish and it went really well with the main course, salmon. I also made some roasted asparagus, so today I'll be posting the recipes for the potatoes, but I'll put up the asparagus tomorrow. OK! Let's do this thing!

Adapted from Naturally Ella
3-4 cups red potatoes, sliced
Olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
fresh basil
1/2 cup parmesan

In a large skillet (I had to use two) heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and garlic and cook until the potatoes are softened. Then add the basil and parmesan and fry the potatoes until they have a crunch to them. I didn't cook mine long enough before I added the parmesan, so make sure they actually are soft. Also, feel free to replace the basil with any fresh herbs you have around. The original recipe called for oregano, but I didn't have any. So basil it was!
Hope you like it!
XOXO
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment