Apr 10, 2010

carrot cake


So my next easter recipe is by far my favorite. Carrot cake! I had actually never had carrot cake before this year. As a kid, I had never wanted to try it because who the heck would want to eat vegetables for dessert? But then I got diagnosed with celiac and never had the chance to try it. But now that I know how to cook, I can make all sorts of things! This carrot cake is ridiculous. Sooooo good. I just...I can't even...I ate like five pieces. That's how awesome it is. So you should all make it!
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups carrots
1 cup chopped pecans (optional. I left them out obviously)
frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350F and grease/flour your cake pan. This recipe is originally meant for a 9x13" pan, but I halved it and used a small square pan. In a big bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla. then mix in the flour, baking soda and powder, salt, and cinnamon.

Then gently fold in the carrots and pecans, if you are using them.

Pour it into the pan and smooth the top. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until it is cooked through. (check it with a toothpick) After it has cooled for at least 10 minutes, carefully turn it onto a plate to finish cooling.

While it's cooling, you can make the frosting. Beat all the ingredients together until it's formed a smooth frosting. Before you frost the cake, you should definitely lick the spoon. Gently frost the cake being careful not to tear the top of the cake. The slice and eat up!

XOXO
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment