May 17, 2010

corn avo salsa


So this weekend, me and my friends had a bbq at natural bridges, one of the nicer beaches in my area. I made a bunch of food, and this week, Ill be sharing those recipes with you! Today I have a recipe for corn avocado salsa. Me and Aileen (my future roomie) made this and it was mmmmmm so good. Here's the recipe and some awesome pictures!

adapted from Pioneer woman
4 ears sweet corn
2 avocados
1/2 red onion, chopped
/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
Juice of one lime
chopped cilantro
1 Tbso vinegar
1 tsp sugar, optional
salt to taste

First shuck the corn and try and get all the stringy bits off. Then shave all the kernels off the cob. Cut the avocados into small squares. Then throw everything in a bowl! We didn't have any cilantro, but it tasted fine without it. Wow I expected this post to be longer...so here are some lovely pictures!

XOXO
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED it! It tasted best when it was freashly made! =p

    ReplyDelete