Aug 10, 2010

Quick Chicken Curry


yes yes yes I know, I'm horribly lazy and haven't been posting very much. To tell the truth the days have just been flying by and I didn't realize that my last post was a week ago! So now I've got a really tasty (and super fast) meal as requested by my Aunt Kate. Here is a recipe for quick chicken curry!

Quick Chicken Curry
Adapted from Cooking by the Seat of my Pants
3 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 medium onion, chopped finely
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 serrano chili pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp tomato paste
1 tsp curry powder
8 oz heavy cream

In a large skillet heat bit of olive oil of medium heat. Add the onions and cook for a minute. Add the chicken and cook through. Add the garlic and chili to the pan and stir to combine. I didn't think that this recipe was very spicy, so if you like it with some heat feel free to add more chilis. Cook for another three minutes until everything is slightly browned. Add the salt, turmeric, corriander, and cumin and stir well. Make sure all the chicken and onion is covered in spices. Then add the tomato paste, curry powder, and cream.
Stir well and cook until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. I let it cook for about five minutes and it had reduced quite a bit, but still had plenty of sauce. Serve over rice and dig in!

XOXO
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment